Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bagyong Juan aka Storm Megi

0 comments
 
We all know that this is the season for storms, that's why a lot of people are preparing before their arrival. Last year, Storm Ondoy (Typhoon Ketsana) left the Philippines with a dreadful aftermath. Ondoy killed a lot of people and destroyed millions of properties that brought trauma and fear to some. 

Later this night as I was watching tv, the news* reported that a storm is fast approaching at a rate of 24kph. I don't know if that speed is fast for a storm to move at that rate, but it is very fast for me. I was kinda shocked at this. But that's not all, it has a strength of 140 kph and gustiness of 170 kph! And take note, it remained unchanged since yesterday! (Based on the news) OMG! I don't know what to feel. I'm a little scared. It's as close as Storm Ondoy! Some of the memories of the storm flashed back to me (though we're not so much affected) because I felt so bad for the victims. I wonder how they would feel if they experience another nightmare like this.

By the mean time, the storm hasn't hit land yet but a lot of people are prepared now than before. Let's just hope and pray that it will weaken before or as soon as it hit land, or better yet it will change its course so nobody will be affected. God bless us all...


*News based from GMA7 24 Oras Weekend Report

Leave a Reply

Check Google Page Rank