Monday, November 1, 2010

November 1

0 comments
 
Today is All Saint's Day but a lot of people usually visit the cemetery at this day. I don't know why but I guess it's a tradition to go to the cemetery on November 1 rather than on All Soul's Day.

I was watching the news earlier this night. And oh man! If you could only see all the people going in and out of the cemetery! It was a sea of people! And with a rainy weather! It didn't stop them from going.

My family and I don't go to the cemetery anymore. My dad just cleans his parents' grave annually before Halloween to avoid the holiday rush. We just light candles with our relatives' names carved on it in our garage and offer them prayers.

People who visit their loved ones in the cemeteries have different ways of celebrating Halloween. Some people reunited with relatives, others arranged a picnic while some partied. Well, this partying was kinda creepy for me (just for me) because I'm a type of person who would rather be quiet and pray for my loved ones than enjoy at the cemetery. I like it silent.

But always remember that no matter how we pay tribute to our loved ones, the most important thing is that we do not forget their existence and significance in our lives, and that we make sure to give them time even this one day in a year.

Leave a Reply

Check Google Page Rank